HSBC has access to this information to use for reporting, insights and marketing purposes and so does Facebook. This helps HSBC improve our offering on Facebook and create better marketing. HSBC may also see this information if HSBC has communicated with you on Facebook. HSBC does this because it helps us know who we’re speaking to.
Facebook Ireland is a ‘joint controller’ with us in law for processing where we collect information about you:
- From your actions on our Facebook page.
- Through the Facebook pixel on our website.
We and Facebook have agreed to share some responsibilities to protect your personal data, by:
- Making sure we each have a legal basis for joint processing.
- Honouring your legal rights in respect of your data.
- Ensuring security of joint processing.
You can contact HSBC about how we do this. You can also contact Facebook about what they do. This includes exercising your legal rights in respect of the data Facebook collects and retains itself.
Further details of how Facebook processes your personal information, the legal basis it relies on, your rights and Facebook’s contact details can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.