If your card is lost, stolen or being misused you can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling our emergency line on:
- 0800 032 7075 if you are calling from the UK
- +44 1442 422929 if you are calling from overseas.
You might be charged by your phone provider for using these lines.
Check out our query transactions page for hints and tips to help you identify why you might not recognise the transaction.
If there is a card payment which you recognise, but wish to dispute please call us on:
- 03457 60 60 60 if you are calling from the UK
(Textphone 03457 125 563)
- +44 1226 260 878 if you are calling from overseas
(Textphone +44 1792 494 394)
We may have detected a possible fraud attempt and have blocked your card or transaction to protect your funds. You may also have received a text message or call from us to discuss if this payment was genuine.
You can speak to our card fraud detection team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling:
- 03456 008 891, if you are calling from the UK
- +44 1470 697 005 if you are calling from overseas
What is a fraud or scam?
A Fraud is a transaction or suspicious activity on your account which you had no knowledge of and didn’t authorise. A third party has performed an action on your account without your awareness.
A Scam is where a criminal convinces you to reveal personal information, divulge your banking security details and attempts to convince you to knowingly authorise a payment from your account to a person, company, or for goods you believe to be genuine.
If you believe someone has fraudulently used your credit or debit card you can contact us between 8AM to 10PM UKT, 7 days a week on:
- 03456 008 050, if you are calling from the UK
- +44 1470 697 093 if you are calling from overseas
If you believe this is a fraudulent bank transfer or bill payment (i.e. not made with your credit or debit card) that you did not authorise please call us:
- 03456 100 135 (lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am - 6pm).
- If the payment was made through HSBCNet, call 0800 169 9903 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
If you have authorised a bank transfer or bill payment and now believe you have been the victim of a scam, you can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The number you need depends on how you authorised the transfer or payment:
- If you authorised this through Telephone Banking or Business Internet Banking call 03455 873 523
- If you have made a payment through HSBCNet, call 0800 169 9903
- If you suspect you may have divulged your security details please call 03455 873 523 if you are calling from the UK, or +44 1226 260 878 if you are calling from overseas.
We may text you to check a card transaction is legitimate or to ask you to contact us.
Check our text messages page to see what our regular text messages look like and also see some messages commonly sent by fraudsters.
Stop. Don't click on any links. Don't open any attachments. Just forward the email to email@example.com and we'll investigate it.
There may be other reasons you suspect you have been a victim of fraud or cybercrime. Please contact your Relationship Manager if you have one, or contact our Business Telephone Services team on 03457 60 60 60 or if overseas +44 1226 260 878 Textphone 03457 125 563 or if overseas +44 1792 494 394